FCD’s programmes are diverse and challenging offering the opportunity for innovation and involvement of people from different walks of life.
- FCD has a membership program opened for everyone who wish to be kept informed and obtain closer benefits from FCD.
- Students, professionals and researchers can use the facilities at Las Cuevas Research Station.
- Others can volunteer or do internships in tropical studies.
- Nature enthusiasts and wilderness explorers can join a wilderness tour through FCD’s tour operator.
- FCD is always in dire need of field gear and equipment and seeking ways to boost the ranger force.
Our donation program has been activated and we invite you to be an integral player of protecting part of the largest contiguous block of tropical forest north of the Amazon – the Chiquibul-Maya Mountains Key Biodiversity Area.
FCD is looking for EXPERTS IN TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING with a passion for ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
With support from the Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT), Friends for Conservation and Development (FCD) is now moving toward mapping and developing sustainable and marketable tourism options in the Chiquibul National Park and Forest. The income expected to be generated from the offering of special tourism products and services will be fully applied to the strengthening and expansion of the environmental protection of the Chiquibul areas and the wider Western Maya Mountains.
We are now looking to fill two connected positions:
- Consultants (team leader & associate consultants) for the development of FCD’s Tourism Enterprise Development Plan, which contains several components. This is an assignment which is expected to take 4 months. For more information, check the Terms of Reference which describes the expected tasks and results.
- A Tourism Development and Marketing Technician, whose duty station will be the FCD office and whose work focus is on development and innovation of sustainable tourism products as well as on the marketing of those products. For more information, check the Terms of Reference See below the Terms of Reference.
For more information about FCD, visit our website at fcdbelize.org or call our office at 823- 2657
Please view the below documents.